East Midlands Voluntary Youth (EMVY)
Since 2013, One East Midlands has coordinated the East Midlands Voluntary Youth Network.
Formed in 2000 by voluntary youth groups and networks across the region, EMVY is an inclusive and diverse network for the voluntary youth sector, providing strategic support, influence and advocacy at a regional level.
EMVY aims to:
- Act as a champion for the work of voluntary and community youth organisations in the region
- Network regionally and nationally to inform and influence policy affecting young people and their voluntary and community organisations
- Promote best practice and standards in voluntary youth work across the region
- Build the capacity of voluntary and community youth organisations to respond to developments in policy and practice including workforce development training, governance and the promotion of progressive practice.
Membership to the EMVY Network is free and all members will receive:
- A monthly e-bulletin containing all the latest news from the sector
- Invitations to regional forum events to order to share news and information and to network with colleagues
- Invitations to youth sector events throughout the region
- The chance to feed into consultations responses on behalf of the Network
- And much, much more
To view a list of all of the current EMVY Network member organisations click here.
EMVY Regional RELOAD event - Friday 28th April 2017, 9.15am - 2.00pm: for more details follow this link.
At this FREE event for EMVY members, we'll take a positive look at the direction of youth policy in England and how it opens up initiatives. With an outward facing focus on what has and is working well and on engagement, we aim to encourage moving forward with confidence in young people's ability to develop. The event will incorporate a range of different perspectives including the current position on youth exchanges and working together regionally and across nations and opportunities to build stronger relationships. We invite you to come and share your thoughts and initiatives and hopes and fears within the friendly EMVY experience. Hear about how youth policy is being shaped nationally to ensure and allow interaction on direction of travel, keeping up with our European exchange programmes, building our Commonwealth and other networks, plus updates on Mindfulness, Talent Match, National Citizens Service, regional development and training opportunities.
The EMVY Network is guided by an EMVY Network Steering Group who will also initiate, execute and monitor action which supports young people in the region.
The Terms of Reference for both the EMVY Network and the EMVY Steering Group can be downloaded below:
A summary of the EMVY Network workplan for 2013/14 can be downloaded here.
The EMVY Network regularly organises forum events for its members. The summary reports from previous forum events can be downloaded below.
- Young People and Health (23 November 2013)
- Capturing Value - Translating need into measurable outcomes (30 May 2012)
- Positive for the Future - Helping voluntary youth organisations continue through tough times (29 November 2011)
- Changes, Challenges & Opportunities - Helping voluntary youth organisations make the most of tough times (16 February 2011)
The EMVY network circulates a monthly e-bulletin of relevant news, events and resources to its members. Archive issues of the e-bulletins can be downloaded below.
- EMVY e-bulletin - February 2015
- EMVY e-bulletin - December 2014 / January 2015
- EMVY e-bulletin - November 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - October 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - September 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - August 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - July 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - June 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - May 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - April 2014
- EMVY e-bulletin - March 2014
If you are having difficultly downloading any of the above e-bulletins please email us at email@example.com for assistance.