Social value and the Compact
Compact Voice has published a new guide, aimed at the VCS, which provides an easy-to-understand overview of social value and the Public Services (Social Value) Act.
The free guide, entitled Understanding Social Value: A guide for local Compacts and the voluntary sector, covers:
- What social value is and how to demonstrate it;
- What is covered by the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012;
- Requirements for local authorities;
- Creating a social value strategy; and
- How social value and the Compact relate to each other.
The guide provides a number of case studies and lists practical actions for VCS organisations and commissioning authorities.
To download the guide visit www.compactvoice.org.uk/resources/briefings-and-responses/social-value.