Multi-faith safeguarding hub launched
The Safe Network, which provides information and resources to keep children safe, has announced the launch of a new safeguarding resource for faith groups, the Multi-faith safeguarding hub.
The online resource produced by Safe Network and partners from across the faith and voluntary sector provides access to a range of information, resources, support and networking opportunities with a multi-faith focus.
The hub aims to encourage faith based groups and organisations to share good safeguarding practice with each other.
It covers the six main faiths in the UK; Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism as well as an Inter-faith section. Within each section users will find:
- A film showing personal faith statements and activities with children and young people;
- Faith-specific stories and texts which show how children and young people are valued;
- Safeguarding case scenarios;
- Examples of best practice;
- Information and resources; and
- details of specialist organisations or other relevant links.
The Multi-faith hub is suitable for:
- Individuals with a safeguarding role in their faith setting;
- Support services, community groups or other organisations who engage with their faith sector on safeguarding issues;
- Local safeguarding children boards; and
- Anyone with an interest in safeguarding within a faith setting.
To access the free resource visit www.safenetwork.org.uk/resources/mfsh/Pages/mfs-hub.aspx.
The Safe Network will be running a webinar on Wednesday 3 December on using the new resource. To book a place visit https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/801976642.