How can the VCS tap into FE college funding opportunities – Post event page
EMFAN (East Midlands Funding Advice Network) and the One East Midlands partnership project with New College Stamford, Closer Links, hosted this joint event on Thursday 13 June 2013 at the Nottinghamshire Deaf Society.
Aimed at funding advisers, development workers and third sector advisers, the event focused on how to support VCS organisations to access funding opportunities from FE colleges in the East Midlands.
The half day event included an opportunity for delegates to learn about the various processes colleges use to assess sub-contractors/partners, where opportunities are advertised, how to engage with colleges and how to prepare for these opportunities.
The event presentation, alongside various resources, the LSIS Sub-contracting Toolkit, resources from the Skills Funding Agency, and a list of useful website links, are available below.
- A beginner’s guide to commissioning: A guide for development workers supporting local organisations with commissioning (NAVCA)
- Pathway through the maze: A guide to procurement law (NAVCA / NCVO)
- Tendering and bidding briefing: Give your tender a winning chance (Development Trust Association / ACEVO)
- Procurement ready toolkit (Selnet)
- Introducing funding and finance: For voluntary and community organisations (NCVO)
- Tools for procurement and contracting: Funding and finance toolkit 3 (Baker Brown Associates / NCVO)
- Before signing on the dotted line: All you need to know about procuring public sector contracts (NCVO / Futurebuilders England)
- Love your tender: A guide to contracting for the children and young people’s voluntary and community sector (Children England)
- NCVO and Secro code of practice
LSIS sub-contracting toolkit
- Due diligence checklist for lead providers and subcontractors
- Financial arrangements: checklist of contents
- Good practice in contracting checklist for lead providers and sub-contractors
- Service level agreements / contracts: checklist of contents
- Subcontractor checklist
- Supporting small independent training providers in collaborative contracting: models for contracting
Skills Funding Agency resources:
- 2012/13 sub-contracting register as of 13 May 2013: Frequently asked questions
- The register of training organisations – due diligence assurance gateway: Guidelines for completion
- Closer Links – www.oneeastmidlands.org.uk/closerlinks
- Tenders & contracts – www.oneeastmidlands.org.uk/tendersandcontracts
- College websites: procurement and tendering
- Skills Funding Agency - http://skillsfundingagency.bis.gov.uk
- In-tend - www.in-tend.com
- Tender notification service - www.tendernotificationservice.co.uk
- E-tendering for further education colleges - https://in-tendhost.co.uk/fe/aspx/Home
- Official journal of the European Union - www.ojeu.com